Our ‘Welcome to Melbourne’ package is an exciting and unique 7-day package offering you the perfect introduction to Australia starting in the world’s most livable city; Melbourne.
Travel isn’t just about the places you see, it is also about the people you meet; not only do we organize an epic welcome week in Melbourne to kick start your Australian adventure in the best possible way, but we also introduce you to your fellow travellers before you leave home! This is the perfect way to start building on your brand new friendships before you even leave the UK!
- ‘Red carpet’ welcome; airport pick-up.
- One night’s accommodation.
- Two backpacking expert guides with a strong knowledge of Melbourne.
- Unique 2-day/1-night getaway – Experience the splendor of one of the world’s best cities, during this truly unforgettable trip.
- Hands-on wildlife experiences – Get up close and personal with Australia’s captivating wildlife.
- Surf lesson – Dive into one of Australia’s favourite past-times!
- Wine tasting – Cleanse your pallet and sample a selection of Australia’s best wines.
- Bar crawl – Let your hair down and sink a fair share of drinks!
- Kangaroo feeding.
- Employment assistance – including farm work!
- Australia welcome pack – Tax file Number, bank account and SIM card to be given to customers.
- Flight/visa assistance – No need to struggle during your trip; our dedicated team are more than happy to take the burden of your travel and visa.
- Medicare sign-up assistance – Ensure you’re medically secure during your Summer of a Lifetime with Medicare sign-up.
- FREE 12-month YHA membership – Membership with the Youth Hostel Association, one of the world’s largest hostel providers.
- Assistance with onward travel.
- 4 meals/8 drinks.
This itinerary guarantees you the best possible experience of Melbourne and its surrounding area; it also ensures you’re all set with everything you need for your time in Australia.
Sunday – Arrival day:
Your activity week starts on Monday morning, so it’s best to arrive in Melbourne on the Sunday; this gives you opportunity to rest and shake off some of your jet lag.
In the event that you’re landing a few days before, this isn’t a problem; your transfer from the airport is included for any day.
Please note, additional nights at the YHA accommodation can be arranged where needed.
Monday – Meet and greet/city tour/welcome meal:
It’s time to kick start your Melbourne adventure! What better way to start than meeting the other members of your Melbourne Family?
Over the course of the next week, you’ll discover why Melbourne is often heralded as one of the most desirable cities in the world; to start off your visit, we’ll set off on a walking tour and absorb the magic of this wonderfully diverse city: marvel at the scribbles adorning the walls of the Melbourne Graffiti Laneways, visit world-famous Federation Square and delve into the buzzing hornets nest of Bourke Street Mall, amongst many other must-see stops.
We’ll round off the day with a group welcome meal (included), with the iconic Yarra River providing the picturesque backdrop for the evening.
Tuesday – Tax file number/bank set up/SIM card/explore markets/foodies tour/laneway bars
After resting your feet from the walking tour, the first job of the day will be to complete important administrative tasks needed for your time in Australia, such as: your tax file number (this is essential when applying for jobs), bank account and phone number. Moreover, you’ll also receive a FREE 12 months YHA Membership Card.
Following the completion of the paperwork, our adventure can recommence, starting at the world renowned Queen Victoria Market, where we’ll explore the stalls and haggle a bargain. This true Melbourne institution is also a perfect setting for our light lunch, ahead of an afternoon gorging on Australian delicacies at our exclusive food tour, our way of paying homage to a city with more food establishments than any other in the world.
Wednesday & Thursday – Beach huts/wine tasting/penguins/surf lesson/kangaroo feeding/pet a koala
We hope you didn’t overindulge at the food tour – today we’re leaving behind the city and heading south to see the stunning surrounds of Melbourne.
For the next two days, we’ll visit the stunning Mornington Peninsula and Phillip Island, two of the most serene and unspoiled sports in Australia.
Prepare for an action-packed couple of days brimming with pristine beaches, cuddly koala bears, kangaroo feeding sessions and surfing lessons – you’ll even have the opportunity to try some of the tastiest wine in Australia during a wine tasting session and set your sights on some of the cutest penguins!
There’s no better way to experience all of these things than with your brand new Melbourne family!
Friday – St Kilda/beach hangs/Luna Park/paddle boarding/sky diving
Melbourne is home to an abundance of celebrated suburbs and St Kilda is as famous as they get.
The beachside sprinkling of yachts, windsurfers and families decorating this coastal retreat embody its lofty standing in the contemporary popularity stakes, while a classy collection of mansions and historical sea baths are a fitting nod to yesteryear, a reminder of an era whereby the strip gleamed with glitz and glamour.
In the morning, we’ll visit the iconic promenade and famous landmarks such as the historical Luna Park amusement park, Acland Street, a main recreation spot in St Kilda, before heading to the Palais Theatre, Melbourne’s home of live music.
In the afternoon, the world is your oyster! Relax on the beach, try your hand at a spot of paddle boarding, or if you’re craving an adrenaline rush, a skydive can be arranged by AusJob at an additional cost!
Saturday – Explore the city/employment help/travel help/accommodation advice/bar crawl
Saturday morning, you’ll have an opportunity to chill out and explore Melbourne. Our team of Melbourne enthusiasts know the city inside out – taking this into account, we strongly recommend that you take any advice on board to make the most of your spare time. For instance, we know some awesome brunch spots that we know you’ll enjoy!
In the afternoon, we’ll help you plan the next steps of your Australian adventure; take this opportunity to ask any questions that you would like to ask! Remember, we’re here to help and want you to visit the best places during your time Down under.
As the afternoon draws to a close, we’ll crack open the beers in preparation for the Saturday night bar crawl!
Sunday – Chill morning/rooftop BBQ/farewell drinks
After a whirlwind week, the end is almost upon us – but the week isn’t over yet!
While we’d understand if you’d like to take things at a slow pace after the Saturday night bar crawl, we’ll be more than happy to make ourselves available to offer any last-minute job information and travel advice before we go our separate ways.
Melbourne is celebrated for rooftop/laneway bars and after a farewell meal, we’d love to give you a fitting send off by taking you to a few of our personal favorites that no regular tourist would ever usually find!
Included Meals- Monday, Tuesday and Sunday Dinner, Wednesday Lunch
Included Drinks- Monday (x1), Tuesday (x2) and Saturday (x4)
Total Cost – £599
Stage 1: Apply!
Your first step towards the experience of a lifetime: Create an application by clicking below and then choose the date you would like to join us.
Once submitted, your application will be checked for suitability by the team at AusJob HQ and, if suitable, you will be invited to take your application to the next stage.
Stage 2: Secure Your Place – £49
After your application has been checked, we would then love to invite you to Secure Your Place.
All you have to do is pay your £49 Deposit. You can do that by clicking here.
Stage 3: Make Payment – £250
This amount is due 12 weeks before your departure date.
Stage 4: Final Balance – £300
This amount is due 8 weeks before your departure to Australia.
Flights – Please contact our in-house flight team on +441612223780 to book flights or email email@example.com for more information.
Insurance (Click HERE to purchase)
Our Sydney Work + Travel package includes everything you see below:
The Physical Stuff:
- Airport shuttle pick up.
- 3-nights accommodation at Sydney/Melbourne’s most popular hostel.
- 24/7 emergency contact number/assistance.
- Aussie handbook – a guide to everything you need to know in Australia.
- Australian SIM card and phone number.
- FREE Harvest Guide Book and information for a second Working Holiday Visa.
- FREE use of the Wi-Fi and phone in the Sydney/Melbourne Office for Job and General Enquiries.
- FREE fax, photocopying, scanning and printing in the Sydney Office.
The Serious Stuff:
- Full 12-month membership to our dedicated Job service – Employers place jobs with us, and we place our AusJobbers into jobs. We also ensure you get paid on time into your Australian Bank Account; we provide you with REAL jobs, not just a list of them through our email job alert system.
- Australian welcome orientation and information session.
- Advice on setting up your Australian bank account, fee free.
- Tax information and assistance including “How to claim superannuation info sheet” and Tax File Number (TFN).
- CV/resume review and assistance.
- Assistance/advice with setting up your Medicare account.
- Assistance/advice with car purchase/insurance/registration etc.
- Personal mailbox in Sydney/Melbourne, and mail forwarding service (extra cost).
- Housing assistance – AusJob can help you to find an apartment, hostel or shared house.
The Fun Stuff:
- FREE Internet at the hostel (1 hour per night booked).
- Ice breaker welcome drinks – 2 FREE DRINKS and snacks – held every week and you can attend as many times as you want!
- Social activities programme, including FREE city Tour and beach walk (run by hostel).
- FREE monthly pub-crawl ticket with 3 free drinks included.
- Discounted travel deals, courses and special promotions exclusively for AusJobbers on this programme.
- Awesome free stuff (an AusJob t-shirt and bracelet!)
If you’re looking for the perfect way to meet people out in Australia, why not take a look at our popular Work, Travel and Fun package, which includes everything you see above as well as a full week of organized fun to allow you to see the sights, meet other travellers and find your feet before you start working.
We also have other excursions available, including Surf Camp, Dive Camp and Ranch Training, each of which allows you to gain a true taste of Australian culture. Call AusJob HQ on +441612223780 to seal your spot!
Fun Week Itinerary
Upon your arrival at the hostel, get checked in and chill out, ahead of a BIG week of Fun!
We hope you’re not scared of heights – today we’ll be seeing Sydney from it’s highest point, while dining at the fabulous Tower Restaurant. Standing at a lofty 260m, the famous Sydney eatery is a sight to behold, and offers extraordinary views of Sydney.
Walk off your meal and relax at the trendiest spots at Sydney Harbor: explore the harbor side quarter of The Rocks and discover the spot where settlement began, Circular Quay and the iconic Sydney Harbor bridge.
On Day 3, you’re off to the Sydney Harbor to learn how to paddleboard! That night, get ready to start the evening with icebreaker drinks, where you’ll get some tasty snacks and free drinks whilst getting to know everyone on the programme.
The beautiful Blue Mountains of greater Sydney are not to be missed. Renowned for their exhilarating bushwalks and giant waterfalls, do you really need to be persuaded to visit? Whilst here, you’ll learn about the culture and history of the region from expert guides, while exploring the beauty of this world-famous National Park.
Travel to some unexpected locations in Sydney and be the first to see some of it’s hidden gems. Embrace the traditions of the locals, before spending Friday night on one of the best pub-crawl’s Australia has to offer!
Sleep off the after effects of the previous evening’s pub crawl and then prepare to get up close and personal with some of Australia’s unique wildlife at Sydney Wildlife World. Whether it’s furry or scaly, with four legs or eight, you’ll see creatures like you’ve never seen before, as well as all of the national favorites including plenty of koalas and kangaroos!
Time to get out, stretch your legs and enjoy the great Aussie sunshine! Take a stroll along one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in Sydney and head to the most famous beach in the Southern Hemisphere, Bondi Beach. Take a dip in the ocean and enjoy a good old Aussie BBQ to finish off the week!
Book your flights
If you are ready to book your flights, our in-house flight team can help you book flights outbound and inbound flights to Australia.
Our team is dedicated to finding you the cheapest flights around, while delivering unrivalled customer service.
To book your flights, call +441612223780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.